Edinburgh Hugo Theme
This is the theme for my blog. It's the migration of my edinburgh-wordpress-theme to the static website engine Hugo.
UPDATE April 2019
I don't maintain this theme anymore. Background:
- I now deploy my blog via Netlify. Hence, it's more convenient to locate the theme in the same git repo as the hugo project.
- Hugo introduced Pipes which can be used to comile SASS and to minify and concat CSS & JS. So there is no need for a second (gulp) build for the theme anymore. This significantly simplifies the tool chain required to build the blog and the theme.
Install at least Hugo 0.18.1.
- npm installs the dependencies
- Gulp copies and preprocesses the assets (compile sass, concat css and js, copy images and fonts).
- Hugo generates the static HTML pages based on the Markdown and Theme files.
<theme>/layout, <theme>/static, content
# terminal 1 cd themes/edinburgh-hugo-theme npm run watch # create assets with gulp. watches for sass changes, but doesn't reload browser, because hugo does this for us. # terminal 2 cd ../.. # in root folder hugo server
Setting up Gulp
cd themes/edinburgh-hugo-theme npm install
cd themes/edinburgh-hugo-theme npm run build # create assets with gulp cd ../.. hugo # create website